Broadway floors can be mainly categorized into Hardwood flooring, engineered flooring and Laminate flooring. The companies in the region of Toronto offer their customized services to thousands of consumers in unique ways. When you opt for the different types of flooring, you need to focus your attention on certain finer aspects like
- The characteristics of each type of flooring
- The features and benefits offered
- The ways in which you can get the floors designed
- The limitations of each type of flooring and ways to overcome them
- Maintenance features
- Pre-installation services offered
- Post-installation warranty and services
- Upgrades to your flooring in the coming days after the installation
Now, let us consider the different types of flooring that are offered by the Hardwood flooring companies in Toronto.
This type of flooring has two options, namely pre-finished and un-finished flooring. When you select the first option, you get factory-processed wooden floors those can be instantly used by you. There are several benefits of choosing this option.
- Toronto flooring company can give you sanded-floors, stained-floors as well as completely pre-furbished-floors ready to install.
- You get typically harder materials, which can withstand any kind of weather and atmospheric conditions.
- You don’t have to process these materials further. That means, you are saving on additional costs occurred on labor and finishing materials at the time of installation
- You save on the time that is typically required to further finish the flooring
- The surfaces are pre-protected with Urethane coatings.
- UV-dried wooden floorings are capable of enduring toughest usage conditions. That means you are able to use them for
- Your home
- Commercial and business locations
- Corporate and other buildings where the amount of foot-traffic is quite high. Etc
What determines the quality of pre-finished Solid-hard-wood floors? There are many factors that go into it. The primary factor is the set of processing standards followed by the service providers. The Canadian and international standards call for quality testing and process refining at every stage of processing.
- The floors are subject to repeated process of re-finishing and re-coating of preservative and protective components. Once this is done, your floor is ensured to last for many years without wear and tear.
- The construction of these floors is done through several steps.
- The first one is the laying of sub-floor layers. It starts at the ground level. When the work starts here, the protective layers are put in place first. As you are aware , there are several environmental factors that can affect the quality and durability of the flooring like dust, moisture, variations in temperature and humidity, the static load, dynamic-load etc
- Dust is one of the most eroding factors. Deposition of dust in the base layers can make the floors weaker with the passage of time. Hence, the service providers take extra care to finish the sub-flooring in such a way that dust particles cannot enter this layer. For this purpose the base-boards are made stronger and dust-proof.
- Moisture is another major eroding factor. It can seep into the layers of sub-flooring, making them extremely brittle. Sometimes you might have observed “warping” of floors (bending). This is a result of excess deposition of moisture at the base-level. The service-providers use high quality moisture-proof sub-floorings in order to prevent warping of the sub-floors. Sometimes they also make use of PVC-coatings at all the four corners as well as the upper and lower surfaces. Care is taken to provide extra tolerance-spacing. This is done in order to accommodate the natural expanding and contracting nature of solid-hardwood.
This is the best type of wooden-flooring you can ever think of having. The major advantage of this type of floorings is they can be installed at any location with ease. Now you got one complete-flooring system that can fit into your
- Basements etc
What is the reason for categorizing the flooring into so many sections? The reasons are simple.
- The usage is varied in each location
- The amount of static and dynamic-load is also different
- The kind of moisture, dust and other pollutants % varies in each location
Engineered floors are capable of withstanding any sort of load and weather conditions. If you wish to know more about How to make hardwood flooring, the customer care centres of these service providers can guide you.
It is similar to the Engineered-flooring. However, it has some additional features like
- Top-layer (finishing-layer) is made of thousands of thin-wood-plies. They are glued with each other in order to create a single-plank.
- The core is made of soft-wood material.
- The top-most layer is made of ply-wood normally. If you want to have other options, you can contact your service provider. They will be able to give you better options for this layer.
- Highly customized-design-options are available to increase the aesthetic looks of the finishing.
Besides, you have options for Types of laminate floor also. The official websites of these companies provide detailed information about How to install laminate floors.